Bigger is not always better! This expression applies to houses and many other things. Here, in this post we will prove that a small house has a lot of advantages over a big house. Well, it all depends on you, what you prefer – a big house or a small house. We will just give you some guides on whether or not to choose a small home.
This house design that is featured today has a floor area of 40 square meters built on 120 square meters lot area. It has two bedrooms, a toilet with a bath, a living room, a kitchen and a dining area. It is small as you can see but it has all the parts of a livable house.
Here are some of the advantages of a small house as suggested by Forbes:
1. Comfort and coziness. A small house can be comfortable and cozy because its limited space brings the family closer together. Families gather together and watch a movie together, eat together, and when family members move around, they are still close to another because the space is just small and they tend to naturally gravitate toward one another.
2. More space inside. The overall structure of a small house may be small but it does not mean that it the space inside is also small. Because of its smaller size, occupants tend to design the interior with smaller stuffs and this gives more space to move around. Even if the house is big if the floor plan is awkward and the interior is not organized, this gives a feeling of limited space.
3. More living space outdoors. Like in this house design featured today with only 40 square meters floor plan, it gives more space outdoors for some extra space for making a garden or a landscape and even setting up outdoor reception or building a gazebo.
4. Easier to heat or cool. Since small homes have smaller space, it is easier to cool or heat. It will just take an hour or two to stabilize the temperature and then you are good to go. YOu will also save electricity because once the temperature is stabilized, you can set your cooler or heater to a lower intensity.
5. Easier to furnish. Starting to design or decorate a house is expensive because you will begin from zero. This means that you are going to buy everything – from small wall decors to appliances. However, with just a smaller space to fill up, you will only spend half the price of what you will be spending for a bigger place.
6. Chance to splurge on high-end fixtures. With only a small space to beautify, you can buy the high-end fixtures that you want for your house. Like curtains for example, since you will only cover few windows, you can buy those that are of highest quality and design. If you only have 8 windows for example, you can put the most elegant curtains on them. You would only spend for 8 windows anyway compared to a big and double-storey house that have 24 windows or more.
7. Less time to clean. Smaller house needs less time to clean and this also means less effort. CLeaning is much quicker and easier. Shorten cleaning time each week and gain time to do something else … like sit down and enjoy your beautiful home!
If you like this design and would like to request for the floor plan, you may contact us by leaving your comment here. Our architects will be very glad to have you assisted. We post different designs every day which you can your for your inspiration or preferences. You can browse through our other designs and contact us if you need further assistance.
You may want to check our other websites as well. You can click the following hyperlinks and you will be redirected to the websites. Please, enjoy. Thank you!